Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Twenty-two year Reunion

Ann and Tracy
I met Tracy in 1987 when I moved to Orange County, California to work at a regional office for a large health insurance company. Tracy was the office manager of the four person outpost and she was subversively the one in charge. We had an incompetent (at best) boss and we teamed together both at work and socially.

Tracy was the only true friend that I made in the three years I lived in California. We enjoyed movies, theater, the flea market and exploring new places. Tracy was always in the know about where to go and what was happening in the area. I left California in 1990 and Tracy left soon after to join her husband in Malaysia. We stayed in touch through the years and I vowed to visit her one day. I thought that would be in Malaysia but reset that plan when she moved to Australia (her home country) five years ago.


I met Tracy in the hotel lobby and recognized her immediately! She hadn't changed a bit. As it is with longtime, good friends, we picked up where we left off as if twenty two years hadn't passed since our last time together. We were able to get together several times over our week in Sydney and meet each others kids (she has two: 19 year old Katie and 16 year old Shane). It was a wonderful time and we hope she can visit us next year on the boat in northeastern Australia.