Friday, November 18, 2011

Lone Pine Koala Sancutary by Bear

Bear cuddles a koala
In Oz, we on Oso Blanco went to a koala sanctuary that also had other animals. I held a koala there and saw Tasmanian Devils. We fed and petted kangaroos and wallabies. We also saw a wombat and a lot more!

One of the animals we saw was a platypus. Did you know that they are small? They are only about a foot long! I thought they were bigger.

Here are some facts we learned. Did you know that the Tasmanian Devils only eat meat? Or that koala bears only have three fingers but have two thumbs? Did you know that kangaroos live for 15-20 years? I think these are good facts.

We stayed there for only two hours but saw a LOT. It was a super experience. I would love to go back. Take my advice - GO THERE!
Feeding kangaroos

Playypus

Tasmanian Devil

Wombat