Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Camp EB (posted by Bear)

Right after New Year's Day, I went to Camp EB. This is what we call my sister Elizabeth's (also called EB) house in North Carolina. I took a plane by myself. To do this, your parents take you to the gate, you get on the plane, and a relative is at the other end. It was easy and fun. But at the beginning I was a bit nervous.

At Camp we did a 23 mile winter hike and we slept in a tent with three people and two dogs. The two dogs were named Winky and Curry. It was only about 8 feet long and 6 feet wide. It was very, very, very, very, very crowded! We cooked outside over a fire, saw wild boars (which were kind of spooky) and got water out of mountain springs. The hike was very fun and very tiring.

We also did a lot of babysitting. EB is a nanny for twins who are one and a half years old. I did a bunch of helping, like playing with them and carrying their milk bottles up the stairs.

After a week, I came to Utah with EB and her husband, Brian. We all went skiing together.